2026年8月4日火曜日

雪男 yeti

 毎日暑い日が続いていますが、昨日と今日は異例なことに涼しく、ゆったりした気分になれます。でも、長くは続かないでしょう。
 涼しげな名前のついた日本酒”雪男”に、酒屋で出会ったので買うことにしました。ラベルに描かれた雪男が、真っ黒なのは妙に思えました。雪だるまのイメージに感化されたのか、雪男は白だと思い込んでいたのは、私の間違いでした。正確には、真っ白でも真っ黒でもありません。
 雪男が存在するという言い伝えは、このようにして始まりました。1951年に、英国隊がヒマラヤ山脈で、撮影した動物の足跡を、未確認動物にものであると、発表したことが発端です。今では、雪男はチベットヒグマだというのが定説です。
 雪男の英名は、Yetiですが、その意味は現地語では、岩の動物です。岩男でも岩女でもありません。
 さて、雪男の味ですが、さわやかさ感じるものでした。

 It's been having hot days, but yesterday and today were unexpectedly cool, which has put me in a relaxed mood. But I am sure it won't last for a long time. 
 I came across a sake with the refreshing-sounding name "Yuki-Otoko" at a liquor shop, so I decided to buy it. "Yuki-Otoko" is a Japanese word, "Yuki" means snow, "Otoko" means man, and  "Yuki-Otoko" is equivalent to "Yeti" in English. I found it strange that the Yeti drawn on the label was depicted as completely black. Perhaps I was influenced by the image of a snowman, but it was my mistake to assume that the Yeti was white. To be precise, it’s neither pure white nor pure black.
 The legend about Yeti's existence started as follows. It all began in 1951, when a British expedition announced that animal tracks they had photographed in the Himalayas belonged to an unidentified creature. It is now generally accepted that the Yeti is a Tibetan brown bear.
 Well, as for the taste of "Yuki-Otoko", it had a refreshing sensation.


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿